About the Course:
DevOps (“development” and “operations”) is a software engineering practice that aims at unifying software development (Dev) and software operation (Ops). The main characteristic of the DevOps movement is to strongly advocate automation and monitoring at all steps of software construction, from integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management. DevOps aims at shorter development cycles, increased deployment frequency, more dependable releases, in close alignment with business objectives. Continuous delivery and DevOps have common goals and are often used in conjunction, but there are subtle differences.
This course will teach you DevOps concepts of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, with emphasis on Jenkins, Git and Maven build automation.The course has been designed so that you would first get a conceptual understanding of what is DevOps and terms like Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and their differences before getting hands on with the software.
After that you would be guided through installation,setup and building your own simple hello-world jobs to fully functional and complex Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.At the same time you would also learn basics of Git and Maven build automation scripting, thereby making you ready to implement a complete CI/CD solution from scratch at your organization And also you will learn chef automation and docker tool as well. Introduction and basics of terraform will also be addressed.
The theory has been kept to a minimum and crisp, just enough to get you the context before you start hands on.
Introduction Video :
Course Objective :
- Containerize a web-based application with a microservice approach and automate it using Dockerfile
- Best practices of working with Docker technology in the field
- Understand the concepts of continuous integration and continuous deployment, and the difference between them.
- Learn how to configure and extend Jenkins functionality with Jenkins plugins such as copy build artifacts plugins and deploy to container plugins, etc
- Describe how Configuration Management with Chef is performed.
- Learn the key concepts of the Git source control system
- Step through the entire Git workflow
- Compare the different states in Git and compare between branches and commits
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who want to fully understand how Devops technology works.
- DevOps, Developers, or QAs who want to advance their career by improving their DevOps skills.
- Developers who want to learn how to develop and deploy containerized modern web applications with a micro-service approach.
There is no need of specific pre-requisite require to learn this course. One who does not have any programming experience also can take this up. Knowledge of Linux will be preferred but NOT Mandatory. Prior experience with Devops Technologies is NOT required.
Minimum System Requirements:
A computer running Windows, OSX or Linux.
This batch will be taken weekly for 3 days. Wed, Fri, and Sunday.December 12, 2018January 14, 201907:00 - 08:301 Days
|Why and What is Devops ?||00:00:00|
|Devops Tool : GIT|
|Version controllers basics||00:00:00|
|Why Version controllers||00:00:00|
|Installation & Configuration||00:00:00|
|Dealing with branches||00:00:00|
|Devops tool : Maven|
|Introduction to build tools||00:00:00|
|Importance of build tools||00:00:00|
|Working with build commands||00:00:00|
|Devops tool : Jenkins|
|Configuring Master Slave||00:00:00|
|Emails server configuration||00:00:00|
|Virtual box and Vagrant|
|How to Use Virtual box and Vagrant to Create Virtual Machines.||00:00:00|
|Devops tool :Chef|
|Devops tool : Docker|
|Containerization vs Virtualization||00:00:00|
|Devops tool : Terraform|
|Use cases of Terraform||00:00:00|
|Installation in Different OS||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.